Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tips from Joe Hatch's computer "survival skills" presentation

There are so many things that I learned form Joe Hatch's visiting presentation. I found them very useful regarding daily usage of computers for both school's or my personal lap top. He also answered most of my questions about computers in his presentation.

When I first installed clean access agent on my lap top, I felt strange and annoyed that I have to log in every time when I turn on my computer, and I had no idea what we can make out of it. After Joe explained, I understood that clean access helps your internet access and security on campus, and it also looks at your operating system and anti-virus product. I felt relived that Internet will be more secure after the installation of clean access agent.

Another tip I learned from Joe is about computer's slow performance which I found happens frequently to all the computers. As Joe explained, after computers have been used for a long time, many temporary files, cookies, and histories stored in the drives filled up spaces and therefore causes computers work slow. Sometimes system files can be infected and also makes computers do not perform properly. Joe introduced a software: CCleaner, which is a tool for cleaning computer crashes and speed it up. I found it really helpful. I installed Ccleaner on my computer right after the class and cleaned my lap top for the first time. I was shocked that even though I just bought my lap top last month, Ccleaner cleaned about 90 MB of junks out. I will use Ccleaner regularly for my laptop. This is the most useful tip I got from Joe's presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment